VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Workhike: Trail work for Murrin Park's new climbing crags · Sunday, October 5th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Oct. 5th, 10:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 1st, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: at the Rock Party (Longhike) pre trip meeting (MCML166)
The Squamish Access Society, those awesome people that build and maintain trails and climbing routes in Squamish, need your help. If you like to climb and (plan to) climb regularly in Squamish, you should come and join. After swarming most of the crags in Squamish for Rock Party this is a chance for the VOC to show that we also contribute to the work on the facilities.
After Son of Rock this year lots of VOCers helped to work on the Murrin Loop Trail. Thanks to all those people that came and helped!
Now the Murrin Loop Trail is officially open and a new crags along the trail have been established this year (e.g. Woodstock). As with all route development a considerable amount of tree debris was created and now needs to be moved back into the surrounding forest. Someone from the Squamish Access Society will chainsaw the stuff to managble sizes and we'll help to move it away.
Note that this is the weekend of Rock Party (Longhike), when we offer climbing instruction on Saturday and when people do what they want on Sunday. So you don't miss anything of the official program if you join the workhike. You could work on the trail for a few hours and afterwards you can climb for the rest of the day or do whatever you like.
Please sign up as interested/committed so that we have an idea about who is coming. This trip will also be discussed at the Rockpary/Longhike pre-trip meeting (MCML166, 6pm on Oct 1st). To make this easier logistically, it would be great if whole car loads would join this. This should only take about 2 hours. We meet at the Murrin Park parking lot at 10am on Sunday.
More details (time etc) to follow.
Bonus 1: This counts as a workhike which gives you access to rent VOC gear for the rest of the year!
Bonus 2: El presidente (Clemens) will set up top ropes for workhike helpers! Whoop-whoop!