VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Reasonably Beginner Friendly Crown Mtn Hike/ Scramble · Sunday, July 17th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Jul. 17th, 8:30 am
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jul. 13th, 1:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
***This trip HAS BEEN switched to Sunday due to better weather.***
1) Hike up either grouse grind, bcmc, or flints and feathers
2) Continue to Crown Mountain
3) Either take the gondola down for a pesky 10 dollars or hike down bcmc if you still have energy.
You can use the gondola for the way up or down or both at your own cost if you wish but if you do the whole thing, it'll likely take a full 10 hours (At my not too fast pace I think). You'll need reasonable fitness, good boots, poles, possibly an ice axe, and perhaps some tolerance for suffering.
This is accessible by transit but if there's parking available if you wish to utilize a car.
Updated June 27: The snow in the north shore mountains seem quite stable and forgiving right now and seems to not really exist below about 1200m. So bring an ice axe if you want just in case but you might not need it.
Note to beginners- You're very welcome to come. As with many VOC trips, moderately good fitness and endurance is required if you don't want to suffer too much. Let me know if you have any questions.