VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner friendly ski day trip-Zoa peak · Sunday, November 30th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Nov. 30th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Nov. 12th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Club room
-Do you like hiking, but feel like it's restricted to summer-time because of snow?
-Do you already hike in the winter with snowshoes and what have you, but want to make the downhill part more fun?
-Does the idea of being in the mountains when everything's covered in snow put a smile on your face?
If any of those resonate with you, you should try this weird activity that is back country skiing.
It's basically a great way to travel in the mountains in the winter, waddle around in fluffy snow, and pray your fingertips won't freeze off.
So our plan is to is to have a day to get you to have a taste of what this is like.
It's okay if you've never skied or even seen snow before, all you need is general fitness, autonomy and curiosity-and some tolerance for discomfort.
(Oh, and come to the pre-trip meeting at 6pm in the Clubroom on Wed Nov. 26!)
Our destination will depend on the conditions, and I will keep you updated. I'm waiting on some condition updates.
Trip size is limited to a car load, and spots are prioritized to beginners who signed up as committed first.
You can borrow everything you need from the gear room, because the VOC is special. :)