VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Climbing Horror Show · Wednesday, October 29th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Oct. 29th, 8:05 pm
End: Wednesday, Oct. 29th, 10:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: BUCH A202
Climbing Horror Show!!
Does the thought of a 20 m run-out above a shaky RP have you break out into a cold sweat? Do you wake up in the middle of the night in a panic after dreaming about your rope cutting in the alpine? Well then this spooky movie night is for you!
We will be screening one of the most terrifying mountaineering movies ever made. Touching the Void is the true story of two climbers summitting Siula Grande and the disaster that followed.
Wiki: "Simpson slipped down an ice cliff and landed awkwardly, crushing his tibia into his knee joint, thus breaking his right leg. The pair, whose trip had already taken longer than they intended due to bad weather on the ascent, had run out of fuel for their stove and could not melt ice or snow for drinking water. With bad weather closing in and daylight fading, they needed to descend quickly to the glacier, about 3,000 feet below..."
When: Wednesday October 29th. 8:05 pm
Where: BUCH A202
What: Bring snacks and hop drink to taste
Great White Fright: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NywlLx491MA
Gritty Horror: http://vimeo.com/56806026
The 100' deck: http://enormocast.com/episode-11-what-has-two-arms-one-leg-and-climbs-like-a-mofo-craig-demartino/
Squamish Death Routes: http://www3.telus.net/public/7394243/climbing/squamish/scaryroutes.html