VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Shuksan Fisher Chimneys · Sat. Jul. 23rd - Sun. Jul. 24th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 23rd
End: Sunday, Jul. 24th
Pre-trip meeting location: In your email inbox
Fun and varied alpine route, nice scenery. This is an ideal trip if you've done one or two easier mountaineering trips (like Baker or Garibaldi). You need to be able to get into the US.
Skills you need:
Self arresting and walking in crampons
Rappelling*** (will be a couple of rappels for sure)
Scrambling, mountaineering, or rock climbing experience - there is a lot of 3rd/4th class
Crevasse rescue (don't need to be an expert)
Pooping in a bag
Please see the wiki for the Gear List and a short route description.