VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Backcountry Skiing · Wednesday, December 17th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning: This is a tentative trip : only if there is enough snow
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Dec. 17th
Pre-trip meeting: Monday, Dec. 15th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Are you finished exams and want to try backcountry skiing?
We will go for the day up to Red Heather in Garibaldi Park or maybe Mount Seymour (depending on how many cars are available). If people are keen, some people could make this an overnight trip. This will be an entirely beginner friendly trip so you do not need to have any experience outdoors or with skis (except for a desire to learn).
This is a tentative trip because there has to be enough snow for us to ski.