VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Overnight kayak trip - Deep Cove to Granite Falls, July 16-17 · Sat. Jul. 16th - Sun. Jul. 17th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 16th
End: Sunday, Jul. 17th
The idea is to paddle from Deep Cove to Granite Falls on Saturday and back on Sunday. There are lots of islands and cool things to see on the way. We will camp at Granite Falls.
As I cannot figure out how to make a nice looking new wiki page at this time, here are the basics:
-when: depart Deep Cove early Sat afternoon, return 24h later
-cost: we will probably rent from Deep Cove Kayak - doubles are $109+tax for 24h on a weekend (so ~$60 each) - but Deep Cove is transit accessible, so no gas costs!
Stuff to bring:
Clothing (no cotton!)
-Footwear that you’re okay getting a little wet (sandals or crocs are good)
-Warm jacket (fleece or down)
-Long underwear (top and bottom) (might not be necessary, but doesn't hurt)
-Weatherproof jacket (goretex)
-Weatherproof pants (goretex) (you should be fine without these but your bum will get wet)
-you’ll need the clothes that you’re wearing and at least one other set of warm, dry clothes
-Water bottles (there is no potable water after we leave Deep Cove, so you’ll need enough water for the two days – or bring a water filter)
-Headlamp and batteries
-Lighter and/or waterproof matches
-First aid kit
-Chart & compass (I will bring, others would be good too)
-Lunch and snacks x2
-eating devices (bowl + spoon)
-stove, fuel, pots
-Dessert potluck contribution (Saturday night)
-Alcoholic potluck contribution (optional)
-Tarp (to put up as shelter if it rains) (optional)
-Small instruments (optional)
There is no pre-trip - we will sort out details over email.