VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Screw Exams, Let's Go Skiing! (Beginner Friendly) · Sat. Dec. 13th - Sun. Dec. 14th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning: This is a tentative trip : Dependent on Avalanche Conditions
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Dec. 13th, 12:05 am
End: Sunday, Dec. 14th, 10:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Dec. 10th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Club Room
Most people are done with exams and some are past caring about them. Let's celebrate by skiing! Right now I've scheduled an overnight, but this can be a daytrip if that's what people want.
I'm researching the exact location because this early in the season, some places are borderline. I was thinking either Manning Park (if there's enough snow), or else somewhere on the Sea to Sky if there's not. If avalanche conditions are high in the couple days before I'll cancel the trip or else move it somewhere very safe like Red Heather.
This will be a beginner friendly trip in the sense there will be easy terrain available and you won't need to have skiing experience, but you'll need suffering tolerance.
Also, you MUST have an avalanche beacon, shovel, and probe! The club rents these out, and you're not coming on the trip without them!