VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
"Beginner friendly" backcountry ski trip to Taylor Meadows · Sat. Dec. 20th - Sun. Dec. 21st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Dec. 20th, 5:00 am
End: Sunday, Dec. 21st, 10:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Dec. 17th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
I'll provide more info soon as I'm a bit swamped right now, I just wanted to get the word out soon enough.
I'd like to take a reasonably sized group up the Garibaldi Lake trail, camp at Taylor Meadows and see if we can't have a bit of fun in the snow up there. I haven't actually been up there during the winter, but I hear the skiing is nice and friendly. A group has been up there two weeks ago and apparently they had lots of fun.
You might notice that I put "beginner friendly" in scare-quotes. That's to say that while this trip is indeed friendly towards beginners, it is winter time, it's going to be cold, days are short etc, and you need to be adequately prepared and have the necessary gear.
I'll go over what gear you need at the pre-trip meeting, but check http://www.ubc-voc.com/wiki/Gear_lists#Winter_Overnight to get an idea.
If you're unsure about any of that, don't hesitate to ask me.
The final group size that I'm willing to take depends a bit on what ratio of experienced to inexperienced I get, and of course on available car spaces.