VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Burns and Turns · Fri. Jan. 30th - Sun. Feb. 1st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Jan. 30th
End: Sunday, Feb. 1st
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Jan. 27th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Woodward Room 1
Welcome to Burns and Turns, 2015!
This was a trip originally cooked up by our dear late friend Neil Mackenzie, and we will be holding it in dedication and memory to Neil and Steffi and Elena who lost their lives in a climbing fall on January 11.
Here were Neil's instructions for the trip:
Any of you who have been lucky enough to visit Scotland will know that talkin shite and getting drunk are the two most important things in life. Therefore, in honour of the great Rabbie Burns, im organising a weekend of unintelligable poetry and whisky drinking up at the Phelix hut.
We shall eat haggis drink lots and recite poetry in the traditional fashion. If anyone has any musical skills (Brody? Noriko?) a wee ceilidh would be sweet to round the night off!
Sliding in snow will be done, but only by those wearing a kilt (or something that resembles such). Wearing something underneath is optional, but if going true, remember that the sun reflects upwards off the snow :-)
So long as you are competent enough to ski up and down to the hut, and happy to carry sacks full of neeps and tatties, your welcome to come. I will not, however, tolerate beginner freindly drinking antics! there will be no spewing on other people or their gear, unless you have consumed more whisky than me! on the other hand, passing out by the fire is expected.
To add to that, I am thrilled to annouce that we have a confirmed true Scot (Ross) who is going to be partaking us and helping lead us in our efforts to do all things in proper Scottish form.
Please come to the pretrip meeting, or at least have a representative if you can't make it. Tuesday, 6:30PM, location to be confirmed.