VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Becoming a VOC Trip Leader™ Course · Monday, January 26th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Monday, Jan. 26th, 6:30 pm
End: Monday, Jan. 26th, 7:30 pm
Becoming a Trip Leader™ Course / Roundtable
Tonight at 6:30 pm
In the Clubroom
Have you wanted to lead trips but thought to yourself:
- I'm not an expert at _______ I wouldn't feel comfortable leading a trip and being responsible for others
- I'd love to go and try _______. I've been wanting to do it forever but it's hard to find other people interested in it.
- I want to lead a trip to ______ but all that VOC techno bable has me dazed and confused!
Or have you lead trips before and have sage-like knowledge to pass down the generations?
Then this is the evening for you!
The idea is to empower more members to lead and/or organize trips, especially beginner friendly trips where we can have amazing adventures in the outdoors. This will be the time and place where new and old members can ask questions, pose thought experiments and get the inside/honest scoop from one another. The logistics behind planning a trip, the resources you have at your disposal as well as pitfalls to avoid will be discussed. It's meant to be an informal roundtable where we can talk as a group about questions people have and of course followed by inebrietion and shooting the breeze at a nearby pub.
In the meantime check out the wiki for organizing a trip.