VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Snow Lover's Getaway at Manning Park · Fri. Feb. 13th - Sun. Feb. 15th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Feb. 13th
End: Sunday, Feb. 15th
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Feb. 5th, 5:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Club Room
Hey there snow lovers!
Join the VOC for a romantic* get away out at Manning Park over Valentine's weekend: drive up and camp on Friday, ski the groomed runs on Saturday, and then finish out the weekend with a tour on Sunday.
This trip is not instructional. You need to be reasonably competent on skis and self sufficient within your group. If you've never been on a pair of skis and you've never camped in the snow, this trip is not for you. If you've only been on skis once (like at teleschool) but enjoy sleeping in the snow, that's perfect! This is a good opportunity to practice both! :D
Pre-trip: The pre-trip meeting will be held on Thursday, FEB 5, at 5:30pm the week BEFORE the trip. This is because I need to submit a group discount form 1 week prior to our trip. It's a significant discount so it's worth planning ahead.
Cost: Lift tickets will be $40 ($35 + tax @ 12%) per person. You must pay this fee in person at the pre-trip meeting before you can come on the trip. Sorry no debit/credit cards. The camping fee is $11 per party. Each tent party will be responsible for paying the proper authorities at the campsite.
Questions, concerns, shoot me an email or post on the message board.
*Love of snow required. Chocloates, flowers, and sexy underware optional.