VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Intro to Backcountry Snowshoeing @ Mt. Seymour (**Uber Friendly!!**) · Sunday, January 25th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Jan. 25th, 8:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Jan. 20th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
It's about that time of year where everyone outdoorsy receives wool socks as stocking stuffers and down jackets as holiday gifts from relatives; yet you may claim to be outdoorsy but actually don't have a clue on where to start. Or you may be starting a new term here at UBC, see these mountains looming over the city, but have no idea where to begin your exploration. Wait no longer, your trip is here!! Join me for a day-trip snowshoeing the backcountry of Mount Seymour Provincial Park! Mount Seymour Provincial Park is one of my favorite local winter exploration spots; access is easy and you'll likely see views similar to this:
And because this trip is labeled as **Uber Friendly**, this means that this trip is designed for you to have little to no experience traveling in the backcountry and trips like this will be the best place to start. Get stoked to get after your winter adventure grind!