VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Another beginner friendly ice climbing trip · Fri. Jan. 30th - Sun. Feb. 1st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Jan. 30th, 4:00 pm
End: Sunday, Feb. 1st, 4:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jan. 28th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: clubroom
Similar to Daughter of Ice and Stepson of Crampon, this trip will hopefully involve bringing a group of keen VOCers up to Marble Canyon for a weekend of fun! No ice climbing experience is required, some climbing knowledge is good (ie belaying, anchors, etc) but not totally essential as we can go over stuff at the pretrip.
The trip will be beginner friendly in the sense that anyone is welcome to come out and give it a try, but it won't be set up as an instructional trip. I'll be there to set up ropes and give some advice but we won't be teaching things like how to lead ice. If anyone has any questions feel free to email me or drop by the clubroom during Wednesday gear hours :)