VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
VOC Slideshow - Baby-hiking in the Sierras · Wednesday, January 21st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Jan. 21st, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: BUCH A202 MAP
Ever felt a little bored in camp while on a long backpacking trip? Or perhaps that your pack was a little too light?
One possible solution to these problems is to have a baby, and bring them hiking! You will soon find yourself with a brutall heavy pack, running around after your baby without any time to set up the tent, and with some of the most amazing memories and quality family time you could imagine. Really, all a child wants it to spend time with their family, and maybe go outside and play. On a long trip they get both, and you won't have any distractions (except maybe nagivation, the weather, food, water). But not any artificial seeming distractions like work or email.
Come on out and share photos and memories with Christian, Line, and Fenya of an 8 day unsupported hike along a portion of the Pacific Crest / John Muir trails through the high Sierras, their first major trip together as a family of 3.