VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly, Transit Accessible, Free Range romp up Mt. Fromme · Saturday, February 21st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Feb. 21st, 8:30 am
This weekend is looking great and the trip agenda is almost as bare as the North Shore mountains, so let's give Mount Fromme a go!
The plan is to meet around 8:30 at Waterfront Skytrain station in time to catch the 8:46 SeaBus, get on the 230 getting off at Braemar Road and St Georges Ave, walking to the trailhead for 10:00. Vancouver Trails suggests 5 hours, if we choose to extend our lunch I think we could say we'll be back at the trailhead for 4 or so.
Please make sure to bring:
Hiking boots, 2 liters of water, lunch, a snack or two, and insulation (it could be chilly at the top, please ensure you can stay warm, we may even encounter snow)
If in doubt consult the day trip gear list (headlamp is always good practice to have on hand), or email me.
Please let me know (by signing up as "actually going") by Friday evening so I know how many, and who, to expect as well if you will meet us at the trailhead or at Waterfront.
If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to contact me by email, or text.