VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Hotsprings for Optimists · Fri. Mar. 6th - Sun. Mar. 8th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Mar. 6th, 1:00 pm
End: Sunday, Mar. 8th, 10:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Mar. 4th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
We, Anton and me, are trying to get to the Sloquet Hotsprings on the weekend of 6-8th March. From the description on the site and some guide books it looks pretty promising.
We have never been there ourselves so we don't know for sure how accesible it is right now. In the summer you can drive basically till the camp (couple of meters form the HotSprings). In the Winter the logging road on the last 10km is not maintained so we probably have to hike that bit. The major advantage of the hike in is that we might have the hotsprings to our selves :-)
Because the drive to the Sloquet Springs is rather long (5h) we are planning to drive to the "trailhead" (as far as we can go with the cars) on Friday, camp there, and then hike in on Saturday. Thus we should have lots of time at the Hotsprings on Saturday. Sunday we go back then.
If you can't leave Friday you can of course try to get there on saturday in one go.
The trip is for optimists, because we won't promise you that we'll reach the Hotsprings (because it depends on the road conditions). But it'll be an adventure nontheless.
One more thing. As you might have seen on Longhike, some Clubmembers are so serious about their backpack weight that they spare themselves the weight of bathing clothes ;-) So don't be surprised if it might turn out to be clothing optional.