VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Slideshow - Everest Region of Nepal! · Wednesday, March 18th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Mar. 18th, 7:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Buchanan 202A
In the spring of 2011, I spent four weeks trekking in the Everest region of Nepal. I’d anticipated it since childhood, and it was one of the few experiences of my life that matched all my expectations. All told, I spent about 12 days over 5,000 meters and saw several of the world’s highest mountains.
I gave a slideshow two years ago, but VOC turnover is high and many new people have expressed interest in hearing about it. This is a re-run with some new material oriented towards people interested in going to Nepal themselves.
Please sign up if you're interested to help build stoke!