VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Cycle Touring, Sunshine Coast · Sat. Apr. 11th - Tue. Apr. 14th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Apr. 11th, 10:00 am
End: Tuesday, Apr. 14th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Apr. 8th, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
From the message board:
Jeff Taylor and I are going for a bike ride up the Sunshine Coast after classes are done, and we're looking for keen cyclists to join us for some leisurely pedalling, camping, sight-seeing, and flower-smelling. Since my training regime has consisted entirely of ten minute bike rides to school, we're going to be travelling bum-friendly distances, and will probably even have a day off the bikes to do a hike. For those of you who have just seen Sufferfest 2, this is going to be absolutely nothing like that. Although if we get to see a puppy, that would be sweet.
This trip requires no previous cycle touring experience, although you do need a bike with a rack, camping/cooking stuff, and a can-do attitude. If you have panniers to carry your stuff in, that would be ideal, but if you don't have any let me know and we'll try to find a set for you. I won't let you wear a backpack full of camping gear. I just won't, so don't ask.
I'm setting the group size limit at 10 for now, but if we have some cycle-experienced folks who are willing to join and help fix the odd flat tire, we can have a few more.
Post to this thread or send me an email if you have specific comment/concerns.