VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Edible Plants of BC Walk · Friday, April 17th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Apr. 17th, 4:00 pm
End: Friday, Apr. 17th, 6:00 pm
Saskia Wolsak has agreed to teach about edible plants in BC.
Hopefully this will be a part of a survial workshop series teaching people how to live off the land. We'll do a plant walk starting at the Museum of Anthropology and making our way up towards Beaty Biodiversity Museum. It will take about 2 hours. A cordage and fire by friction workshop and a weekend hike to test out these (and other) survival skills may happen in the fall if there is interest.