VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Son of Rock Helps Squamish Access Society at Murrin! · Sunday, May 10th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, May. 10th, 9:45 am
End: Sunday, May. 10th, 12:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: No pre-trip- just meet at Murrin at 9:45AM!
Call to all climbers, old and new!
It has been a traditional over the last few years that the VOC sends club members who have participated in Son of Rock to help the Squamish Access Society. The Squamish Access Society is dedicated to "working on behalf of climbers to protect public access to the climbing areas of the greater Squamish region, to engage as responsible stewards of the climbing environment and to advocate for access to quality self-propelled recreation".
We need 10-12 volunteers to come and help further the creation of a trail in Murrin Park which will create new access to a wider variety of climbs. We will meet at the parking lot at Murrin park at 9:45 AM to volunteer our time from 10:00-12:30 on the Sunday of Son of Rock. They will provide us with tools, but be sure to bring work clothes. We will be done around lunch, which will leave plenty of time for climbing in the afternoon!
Please sign up if you are interested! We paritcularly urge individuals who just received free knowledge from Son of Rock to dedicate their time to this.