VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Son of Rock Instructor Leadership Clinic · Tuesday, May 5th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, May. 5th, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Buchanan A103
Considering teaching at this year’s Son of Rock event for the first time, or been teaching for years? Either way, join me for a workshop overviewing the Son of Rock climbing curriculum and discussing some common instructional strategies to make each members’ Son of Rock experience the ideal experience! Topics discussed will include:
-Curriculum overview: discussion, updates, questions
-Designing a lesson plan
-The Instructor Team
-Ethics in Climbing
-Risk Management as an Instructor
This workshop will take a similar format to Artem B’s Becoming a Trip Leader workshop, where I will simply be a facilitator rather than a teacher. I’d like to hear everyones’ input on these topics, so while attendance is not required, it is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that all potential Son of Rock instructors attend. ***Also to note: This meeting will lead into the Son of Rock pre-trip meeting, and as such will be in the same room as the pre-trip meeting.*** Get stoked for getting others stoked out there!