VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Rainier · Sat. Sep. 5th - Mon. Sep. 7th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Sep. 5th
End: Monday, Sep. 7th
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Sep. 3rd, 7:00 pm
beginner - expert welcome
G1 and G2 required
objective is to climb rainier via the simplest route
there is a guidebook in the clubroom with a description of the route
there might be a limitation on group size (last year when there was a baker trip 19 were interested and there was a 12) if interested is greater then 12 we may have to organize two teams attempting different routes
As Rainier is a significant summit (and baker exhanusted me last summer) I will organize two training trips before this Rainier trip, please participate if you are a beginner