VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Wedge and Weart · Sat. Jul. 4th - Sun. Jul. 5th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 4th
End: Sunday, Jul. 5th, 11:00 pm
This is going to be one intense trip - I can already feel the pain...
this trip is training for the Rainier trip in September so those interested in the Rainier trip have priority
we will drive to wedgemount parking lot and tent there friday
6am saturday we will approach, by 9am starting up weart, lunch on the summit and then a nice descent
6am sunday start wedge doing the NE arrete route and descend to campsite then parking lot
G1 required for wedgemount. G1 is not required for Weart, although self arrrest experience is/we can teach on the way up. For beginners without glacier 1 you can form a group do Mt Cook on sunday