VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Discover Harrison Hut [Backpacking / Workhike] · Thu. Jul. 30th - Sun. Aug. 2nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Wildfire at Boulder Creek
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Jul. 30th
End: Sunday, Aug. 2nd
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Jul. 28th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
Harrison hut is located in on the Pemberton ice field and is supposibly one of the most beatiful huts we have. Join me to find out on this multi-day backpacking trip in which we will fix up sections of the trail, do some basic hut maintenance and get some great hiking and possibly scrambling in.
The trip is beginner friendly but expect long days and a bit of character building labour and good times. I'll bring cheese fondue (yumm!) for the first night you bring the things to dip.