VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Garibaldi Lake Overnighter?! · Sat. May. 30th - Sun. May. 31st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Interest?
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, May. 30th
End: Sunday, May. 31st
Pre-trip meeting location: Email Faff
Sorry guys! I'm cancelling this trip. :(
Someone should redo this trip at a later date when a driver can be found :) Sorry I can't transport people myself.
Never been to Garibaldi Lake before but who isn't keen to?! 18 km rountrip/800 m elevation. The way up is supposed to be quite clearly marked. 2 weeks ago there was still snow in the camping area but it's probably mostly melted now with bits of snow/ice in the lake. Snowshoes might be a good idea anyhow, since there's plenty of areas to explore beyond the lake. Weather is supposed to be sunny, 20ish degrees. Would need a driver to transport any number of interested bodies to make this trip happen. Other suggestions welcome!!