VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Hanging Lake / Rainbow hiking · Sat. Jun. 6th - Sun. Jun. 7th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jun. 6th
End: Sunday, Jun. 7th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC BBQ
Line and I would like to do an overnight hiking trip to Rainbow mountain, via the Hanging Lake side up from the Callaghan Valley. Looks like it's ~ 6km / 500 m to camping at Hanging Lake, then ~ 4 km / 850 m to the summit from there. Of course, you need to come back down.
We'll have our toddler daughter Fenya with us, so I expect things should be reasonably casual... but this also means that her survival will be our priority so you shouldn't rely on us to carry your pack etc.
Probably we'll head up to camp and then I'll climb Rainbow on Saturday, while Line hangs out with Fenya at the lake, and then she'll climb Rainbow on Sunday while I hang out with Fenya. Other peaks you might consider bagging include Gin or Spectrum. I will probably bring my skis; Line will probably not bring skis or even snowshoes.