VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner friendly overnight hike to Garibaldi Lake & Panorama Ridge · Sat. Jun. 27th - Sun. Jun. 28th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jun. 27th
End: Sunday, Jun. 28th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jun. 24th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
I would like to do an overnight trip up to Garibaldi Lake and Panorama ridge on the weekend of June 27-28. My plan would be to hike up to the lake Saturday morning, explore, swim and enjoy the area for the rest of the day, camp at the lake, then hike up to Panorama ridge on Sunday morning, then back down to the cars that afternoon/evening. This will be a pretty relaxed trip, so beginners are absolutely welcome and encouraged to join! Have a look at this packing list if you're unsure what to bring.
I don't have a car, so this trip will depend on the number of drivers we can find. That said, I'd like to cap the trip at 2 or 3 carloads of people. We'll arrange rides and tent groups at the pre-trip meeting (6pm Wednesday June 24).
Feel free to email me or post in the message board thread if you have questions or suggestions.