VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Moderately Beginner Friendly Hiking Helm Creek · Tue. Jun. 9th - Thu. Jun. 11th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, Jun. 9th, 6:00 pm
End: Thursday, Jun. 11th, 6:00 pm
Hey! Don't know what people's schedules are like midweek, but I have a couple days off and I have had my eye on doing this trip for a while. Hiking is always more fun with people so I thought I would make a trip and see if anyone is interested!
What I want to do is: after work on Tuesday June 9th, hike from Rubble Creek Car Park (Black Tusk trailhead) to Taylor Meadows, camp for the night, then hike along the Helm Creek trail to Cheakamus Lake, camp there Wednesday June 10th, and then hike all the way back to the car park on Thursday the 11th. So it would be about a 2.5 day trip.
I am working until 4:30 on the Tuesday, so I won't be able to start hiking until after that (I live/work in Squamish though so I could be on the trail by 5:30) but if anyone wants to get going earlier than that on Tuesday (I'm expecting it to take 2-2.5 hrs to get to Taylor Meadows) then we can meet at the campsite.
As I am living in Squamish, there won't be a pre-trip meeting and I can't drive anyone, however I can organise cars if there are people interested! Also, I'm saying moderately beginner friendly because I don't want to exclude anyone, but at the same time we'll be covering roughly 50km over the trip so fitness and/or some hiking experience would be good for sure! It's up to you, if you feel like you can safely do it, and are stoked, then come out!
Lastly, it is still quite early in the season, so the Alpine will be cold, and there will be snow along most of the trail through helm creek, so I think snowshoes would probably be a good idea. I was up at Garibaldi lake on Wednesday (June 3rd) and there was no snow up to that point, but I did see snow starting to appear not too far above the lake.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me, there is also a message board so you can throw something up on that as well. As this is a midweek trip, I don't know how many people are available, but I figure there is no harm in posting the trip and seeing who's out there!