VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Tenquille Lakes Hike and Scramble · Sat. Jul. 4th - Sun. Jul. 5th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 4th
End: Sunday, Jul. 5th
Pre-trip meeting location: E-mail FAFF for now
I only have 4 more weekends in Vancouver for the summer (I am back in September) and realize that I have failed to explore as much as I would like! Semaphore Lakes was a beautiful spot last year, and I am hoping for a similar, wonderful experience at Tenquille Lakes (also in the Pemberton Area). The hike in is 6-9 km and fairly steep (15.9% gradient), depending on which of the 3 trails you take in. Once there, there are SIX scrambles to choose from, ranging from easy to moderate!
I am hoping to have my car and maybe a few others head out Friday (early morningm late morning or early afternoon, depending on people's availability). There is at least one car coming up Saturday. We will see if we can fit people appropriately!
This trip is beginner friendly, but will potentially test your fitness. Thus, back country hiking experience is recommended. The scramble options range from easy hike to moderate scrambling due to route finding, and these are certainly beginner friendly scrambles. We will see how large the group becomes. For now, we will do the pre-trip meeting over e-mail FAFF.
PLEASE SIGN UP AS COMMITTED BY WEDNESDAY AT MIDNIIGHT! If you wish to sign up after this time, e-mail me and I will see if we have any car spots left available.