VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Veenstra Traverse 2015 - Coldwater Ungulates · Sat. Jul. 11th - Sun. Jul. 12th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 11th
End: Sunday, Jul. 12th, 11:59 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jul. 8th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC BBQ
So, what is a Veenstra Traverse anyway? Probably many of you are too young to remember, but once upon I time Line and I would lead annual hiking-traverses around the coast mountains. The general idea was to introduce people to fast-and-light off-trail travel by pulling off somewhat-difficult traverses in a weekend. The concept was known as moderate-friendly (as opposed to "beginner-friendly")... which I think has now become a well used term. There has a been a bit of a hiatus - in 2013 the trip was cancelled after repeated re-schedulings due to poor weather. Last year we had a baby. We still have a baby (now toddler), but she will be in Denmark along with Line on this particular weekend.