Archive:Needle Peak 2007
|This is the sign up and organization page for an old trip. It already happened. Please do not sign up for it.|
Needle Peak 2007, 16th Annual Trip
The 16th Annual day hike to Needle Peak will be taking place on Sunday October 21st. This area has provided great hikes in the past. The area and 2006 trip are discussed here: .
Needle Peak is very scenic, and includes some scrambling. The peak is 2010m above sea level. The hike will take about 5 hours and has 880 metres of elevation gain.
At this time last year, snow at the peak was light and patchy, thus hiking boots were appropriate. This year the snow could well be more heavy. Bring layers of clothes suitable for cold and wet weather. Also bring food and water.
The drive from UBC to Needle Peak will take about 2.5 hours. Rides are available. Andrew M's car will leave UBC at 6:30 to allow plenty of time. More drivers will be wanted if many passengers express interest. Drivers should aim to arrive at Needle Peak at about 9:00 in order for the hikers to begin together.
Everyone is welcome on this hike. It is suitable for beginners.
Trip Sign Up
- Example Driver (4 spots) (Leaving from ORIGIN at TIME)
- Nick Chng (4 spots) (Leaving from Cambie&Broadway at 6:45ish)
- Michael Kaye
- Murray Down
- Santiago Ramon-Garcia
- Andrew M (3 spots) (Leaving from UBC at 6:30)
- Rebecca Quiring
- Caitlin MacDonell
- Eva Oberle (4 spots) (Leaving from Chevron Alma/Broadway at 6:30)
- Julie Valk, 778-231-4254
- Mohammad Mohammadnia, 778-855-1360
- Ryan Warden, 778 554 4224
- Nozomu Sasaoka
- Sonia Meili (XXX spots) (Leaving from PoCo at XXX)
People Needing Rides
- State your name, contact info. and home location(e.g. UBC, Downtown, North Van, etc.)