Archive:Trip Agenda 2006
From VOC Wiki
- Jan 7-8:
- Jan 14-15:
- Jan 21-22: Avalanche School
- Jan 25: Winter Longhike trip meeting in Clubroom, 5pm
- Jan 28-29: Winter Longhike
- Jan 30: Intro to Telemark Skiing Trip Meeting in Clubroom, 5:00pm
- Feb 4: Intro to Telemark Skiing (Dependent on Snow Conditions)
- Feb 8: Intro to Backcountry Skiing Trip Meeting in Clubroom, 5pm
- Feb 11-12: 10 people heading to Brew Hut via Roe Creek Trail on Feb 11th (the hut may be at is full capacity)
- Feb 11-12: Intro to Backcountry Skiing
- Feb 11-19: Reading Week' : Ski Trip and/or warm Climbing destinations (Red Rocks?)
- Feb 25-26:
- Mar 4-5: Intro to Ice Climbing (Trish's Cabin, Lillooet)
- Mar 17-18-19 Neve (haute route) Traverse (ACC with VOC)
- Mar 18-19: Workhike to put up Brew Trail Markers
- Mar 25-26:
- Mar 28: Exec Elections
- Apr 1-2:
- Apr 5: VOC Banquet
- Apr 8-9:
- Apr 14-17: Easter Weekend
- Apr 14-May 6: Lillooet - Homathko Icefield Traverse
- Apr 22-30: ACC Manatee Range Spring Ski Camp
- Apr 29-30:
- Jun 3: Orienteering Course Organized by Rueben Schulz
- Jun 7: June BBQ
- Jun 24-25: Brew Outhouse (cancelled)
- Aug 2: August BBQ
- Aug 12-20 Burton Hut Renovation (workhike) - volunteer for either the first weekend only or the whole construction effort.
- Sep 2-4: Mountaineering Camp This year's camp will be held at Sigurd Creek in the Northern Tantalus Range
- Sep 6: September BBQ
- Sep 9-10: Brew Hut Cleanup Part 2: Helicopter to take out construction debris
- Sep 16-17: Glacier school (intro level, lots of fun, limited numbers)
- Sep 23-24: Exit 38: Climbing trip in Washington state
- Sep 23-24: Russet Lake: see Roland's thread on the message board
- Sep 28-Oct 1: Yosemite climbing (All levels. Hiking/top rope/sport/trad/aid/big wall)
- Oct 6: 10am-4pm: First Annual VOC Stuff Swap One VOCer's garbage is another VOCer's treasure: Swap your long neglected gear and you may find something worth your wild.
- Oct 7-8: Longhike Neither long nor a hike, it's an intro rock climbing school with a big party. Great time to meet new members.
- Oct 14-15: Roe Creek Trail Workhike Trail building on the main winter access route to the Brew Hut.
- Oct 20-22: Leavenworth Climbing trip in Washington State.
- Oct 21: Orienteering School Learn how people used to navigate with a compass and map before the invention of GPSs
- Oct 21: Needle Peak 16th (apparently ?) annual hiking trip on a nice granitic summit near Coquilhalla area
- Oct 21-22: MEC Gear Swap Ever wanted to sleep on Broadway? Want really cheap gear? Come and join other VOCers in an bi-annual tradition sleepover in front of MEC Vancouver Store. Not to miss!
- Oct 28-29: Skaha Climbing trip to Penticton, BC. VOC Okanagan may be climbing with us.
- Nov 1: Communicating Avalanche Danger to the Public, a free public lecture by Dr. Pascal Haegeli and Dr. Jürg Schweizer at Robson Square, 7pm-9pm. This is part of the International Workshop on Snow Avalanches that is being hosted by SFU.
- Nov 10-13: Smith Rock Climbing trip to Oregon State.
- Nov 10-13: Vancouver Island Caving
- Nov 16: MEC Winter Backcountry Travel: Getting Started presentation more details
- Nov 18-19: Minimalist Trip No tents no sleeping bags no stoves.
- Sea to Sky Forum Signage workhike postponed
- Nov 25: CAA Avalanche Workshop 2006 in Whistler at the Whistler Secondary School. Tickets are $20 at the door. Note that this is not an avalanche course.
- Nov 25-26: Beginner friendly trip to the Brew Hut led by Christian Veenstra
Nov 27: 2nd Annual Jared Stanley Memorial Mountain Safety Lecture at UBC.Moved to Dec 4.
- December 1: Winter Social VOC Social Event
- December 4: 2nd Annual Jared Stanley Memorial Mountain Safety Lecture at UBC. "Developments in Avalanche Research and Backcountry Travel Preparedness" - A lecture given by Chris Borstad, a PhD Student in the UBC Avalanche group, WHEN: 6:00pm, WHERE: Geography room 100, 1984 West Mall
- December 11 - 14: Ski Trip to the Brian Waddington Hut
- December 16 - 19: Ski Trip to the Brew Hut
- December 28 - January 1: Snowdomia Also see the snowdomia thread on the message board
- December 28 - January 1: Ski Trip to Lizzy Creek
- December 29 - January 2: Ski Trip to Phelix Creek