From VOC Wiki
- See also Banquet
2 months before event
- Decide when the Banquet will take place. Typically held second to last week of school (early April). To be decided during an exec meeting
- Decided where the Banquet will be held. Previous locations includes ANZA club, St James community Center, SUB. A promising location for 2011 is UBC Koerner's Pub. Ask Roland B. for more information about it.
- Pay for venue and get a contract and give it to the AMS to sign. (You are not supposed to sign it for legal reasons: this must be done in advance)
1 month before event
Special Occasion Liquor License (Optional)
- Get a SOL (Special Occasion License) form from a BC Liquor store if you plan to sell beer/alcoholic beverages. Someone with a Serving It Right certification must do this. The certification can be done online at www.servingitright.com, takes 2 hours to complete and cost $35.
- If on campus: Bring paper filled form to campus RCMP to approve and sign it. Bring completed form to BC liquor store to purchase it. Give it to the AMS and get insurance (this is expensive and must be done at least 3 weeks in advance of the event!)
- If off campus: Bring paper filled form to AMS offices and get insurance (this must be done at least three weeks in advance of the event and will cost about $270-350 depending on how much beer and people will be present)
- Find speaker/ slide show presenter
- Find DJ (Arlin, Oker). Fees are usually about $150.
- Get SOCAN (music license) if applicable usually $40-60
- Find MC
- Set agenda
- Sort out which execs are bringing what food (wiki).
- Decide who gets which awards: pick up $25 gift certificate for most active new member
- Post workhike section (wiki) for beer servers and t-shirt sellers (must have Serving It Right license)
- Make sure slides for the budget, constitutional changes, photo and video contests are ready to go.
- Make sure to have a good resolution digital projector (at least XGA (1024×768 pixels))
- Extra cups for people who forget their own
- Thank you gift for presenter
Day of the event
- Print off order of events for the MC
- Pick up beer/ pump/ buckets/ ice etc
- Transport projector, speakers, awards, journals, etc.
- Set up a table to sell t-shirts, stickers and journals for non-members.
- Remind people to bring their own cups. (Bring extra anyways and charge $1 for them)