Access to the VOC Clubroom and its resources are available to members who apply for it. Please simply observe the Clubroom Rules.
We're going to try this for a pilot period of Spring 2016 and if we as a membership can maintain the clubroom in good standing it will be a nice perk.
- Plan Ahead
- Schedule your trip to avoid times of high use. Club activities have priority.
- When leaving, ensure no one is lingering behind who shouldn't be and that the door is firmly locked.
- Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces
- Good campsites are found, not made. Altering the clubroom is not necessary.
- Take care of the clubroom and keep it tidy, it belongs to all of us.
- Dispose of Waste Properly
- Pack it in, pack it out. Inspect the clubroom for trash or spilled foods.
- Pack out all trash, leftover food, and litter. (Even if it's not yours).
- Leave What You Find
- Preserve the past: examine, but do not remove, cultural or historic structures, artifacts or library books.
- Leave rocks, plants and other natural objects as you find them.
- Minimize Campfire Impacts
- No campfires in the clubroom.
- Don't share the clubroom code.
- Respect Wildlife
- Avoid wildlife during sensitive times: mating, nesting, raising young, exam season or winter.
- If a student wanders in, try and answer questions honestly and refer them to return during gear hours to join.
- Being in the clubroom does not substitute gear hours. Don't take gear returns or membership fees.
- Be Considerate of Others
- Respect other visitors and protect the quality of their experience.
- Be courteous. Yield to other users of the clubroom.
- Let nature's sounds prevail. Avoid loud voices and noises.
Use of the clubroom is ultimately a privilege and can be revoked.