Archive:Dec 2010 Black Tusk Meadows
|This is the sign up and organization page for an old trip. It already happened. Please do not sign up for it.|
December 18-19th 2010
Black Tusk is a really cool looking mountain with some great meadows around it to ski. I like to ski. Let's go skiing! This is a beginner friendly trip, though it will be 'strenuous', particularly if you want to get some actual skiing done. The game plan is to drive to the Rubble Creek parking lot, then head up to either the Taylor Meadows, or the Black Tusk Meadows (preferable) depending on how we're feeling. Days are short so we'll probably just get up and make camp Saturday and then do a couple of laps Sunday morning before heading down.
Check the list of what you need on the Ski Tent Trip gear list. It's only a one night trip though, so adjust it accordingly and feel free to email me if you have questions.
The pre-trip meeting will take place on Wednesday, December 15th at 6pm in the club room.
Signup will be initially limited to 12 beginners/less experienced people. Depending on the number of experienced type people that sign up, I'll increase accordingly. In any case, come out to the pre-trip meeting even if you're on the wait list and we'll probably be able to squeeze you in.
Please include any avalanche training you have and a rough description of your skill level, oh and if you have a car.
- Phil T (AST1, decent skier, has car and tent)
- Matt Parisien (no car, couple of tents, barbecue skillz.)
- Vicky Alfred (no avi, advanced beginner skier, have a car)
- Derry (no avi, downhill skier, no car, "3.5 season" tent...)
- Charlie (no avi, DH skier, limited tele experience)
- Faroe (no avi, has DH skied a couple of times before, no tele experience, no car)
- Ian (no avi, beginner skier, no car)
- Yewon(no avi, beginner skier, no car)