Exec nominations 2015
The VOC needs a new Executive for 2015/2016!
Elections will take place at the Annual Banquet on March 25th, 2015. You can nominate yourself, or someone you think would do a good job. Executives must be an AMS member (ie. a student) next year. President and Treasurer must have been on the exec previously. It is fine to write a person down for more than one position, but at the end of the day you can only actually do one.
More information about the various positions: Executive Positions
- 1 President
- 2 Treasurer
- 3 Vice-President
- 4 Secretary
- 5 Membership Chair
- 6 Centennial Tzar
- 7 VOCene and Webpage Editor
- 8 Trips Coordinator
- 9 Quartermasters
- 10 Journal Editor
- 11 Public Relations
- 12 Archivist
- 13 FMCBC/ACC Rep
- 14 Huts Coordinator
- 15 Trails Coordinator
- 16 Climbing Wall coordinator
- 17 Swag Master
- 18 Awards Nominations!!
- Co-ordinates everything and keeps the exec running smoothly. Must have been on the exec previously.
- Artem Babaian (wins unanimously)
- Handles the cash and keeps the AMS happy. Must have been on the exec previously.
- Caitlin Schneider
- Organizes social events (especially Longhike)
- Krista Cawley (if she's keen)
- Takes minutes at meetings, could help writing grant applications
- Gets new members, and handles clubs days in September
- Katie Cullen
- Organize the 100-year (2017) VOC anniversary celebrations. Get Creative! Commitment through 2017 is ideal, open to non-students
- Christian Veenstra
VOCene and Webpage Editor
- Puts out the VOCene and maintains the wiki page
- Andy Cavers
- Ilia Capralov
- Encourages people to lead trips.
- Zack Wentz
- Maintain the gear stash and run gear hours. Note that we need five quartermasters.
- Tianna Sturdy
- Carly Peterson
- Gabe Frame
- Nick Hindley
- Sebastian Prass
- Tackles the monumental task of producing a 300 page book in about 1.5 months
- Koby Michaels
- Caitlin (Advertising)
- Organizes slideshows and books rooms on campus
- Cora Skaien
- Maintains library and archives collections. Buys new books for the clubroom.
- Anna Geller
- Representative liaison to outside clubs and organizations.
- Elsa ...
- Oversees huts maintenance.
- Cassandra Elphinstone (not here June-Aug but keen to apply for grants, fix equipment, etc. during rest of year)
- Oversees trail work.
- Matt Kennedy (Winter), Lianne(?), Caroline
Climbing Wall coordinator
- Keeps the climbing wall going. Note that we are getting a new climbing wall in April.
- Corey Kelly
- Oversees gear purchases for the club and members, negotiates good deals
- Fangwen Zhao