Many outdoor activities in and around Vancouver are prohibited. As a result, many of the following trips are done for their 'above the law' appeal rather than for aesthetic reasons. Pulling off these trips requires a little more stealth than normal.
- Siwash Rock a real scummy, dirty classic in Stanley Park
- Cathedral Mountain, East Lion and Coquitlam Mountain are all located in the GVRD watersheds
- UBC buildering Campus Cowboys have limited law enforcement behavior
- Grouse Grind The trail is closed and fenced off in winter'
- Other Grouse Trails Left of the tram is watershed territory. It is rumoured there are numerous trails to be found there-- everything from hikes to roped climbing and a range of scrambles in between.
- Brew Hut The summer trail to brew Hut involves walking the BC Rail right of way for about 2km.
- Ski area poaching
- Lion's Gate Bridge scary, dangerous, fun, and very illegal
The 2004 forest fire related backcountry travel ban opened up a lot of options when it comes to doing illegal trips. Maybe this year will be the same.