Archive:Spooky Brandywine Scramble
|This is the sign up and organization page for an old trip. It already happened. Please do not sign up for it.|
The Sinister Plan
Calling all ghosts and goblins... The plan is to summit Brandywine Mountain (2213m) on Halloween, in costume! It's reportedly a fantastic scramble, with an elevation gain of 1268m, and roughly 7 hours round trip, depending on party speed. The scrambling has limited exposure, so beginners are most welcome and encouraged! There will be lovely views of glaciers and the surrounding peaks. We will of course take awesome costumed summit pictures.
Email any questions to Doris Leong, or post them on the message board.
Tricks and Treats
You should be reasonably fit and costumed. No points for 'Hiker' costumes - you may be assigned a mystery costume of shame should you come unprepared...
You'll also need a good pair of boots and a helmet. Check the scramble day trip gear list, for other essential items.
A topo map of the area is available from The Atlas of Canada, map 92J/3.
The pre-trip meeting will be held on Wednesday October 27, 2010 @ 6pm in the VOC clubroom. Drivers/rides will be formalized then.
The Haunted Maze
The road is 2WD accessible.
Driving Directions. Have confirmed that this is the right way!
- From the south, drive Hwy 99 to Brandywine Fall Provincial Park and continue past. Approximately 2.7km past Brandywine Falls Provincial Park is an exit for Callahan Valley Road and Whistler Olympic Park. Take this exit and reset your odometer.
- 800m turn left on Brandywine Mountain Forest Service Road.
- Continue to 1.4km where there is a hut / parking gate on the left side. The road forks at this point. Stay to the left just past this parking gate as the road opens up to a large open gravel parking lot. Drive through this gravel area to the far side.
- 2.1km there will be a snowmobile club on the left hand side, continue driving along the road.
- 2.3km the road narrows from 2 lanes to 1.
- 3.2km the road opens up a bit with deactivated roads on either side of the main road, continue along BMFSR.
- 4.8km there is a fork in the road, stay right.
- Just before a fork at 6.4km there is a sign on the left hand side indicating you are leaving the Whistler Community Area. Stay left at the fork. (The right hand option is marked as BR 2100.)
- 6.5km there is another fork, stay right.
- 7.2km you will pass a chain link gate on the right with a "6.0km" marker on it. Continue past this gate and drive up a steep hill.
- 8.5km you arrive at the Brandywine Mountain Trail Head.
Sign Away Your Soul
|This is the sign up and organization page for an old trip. It already happened on 31-10-2010. Please do not sign up for it.|
Trip size is currently limited to 15 people, and may change depending on the number of experienced spooky hikers coming along.
- Dreadful Doris Leong as Twinsen
- Abominable Avery Gottfried
- Creepy Caitlin Schneider
- Sinful Simon Bretschneider
- Eerie Eliza Boyce
- Macabre Maite de la Fuente
- Kettenrasselnde Kathrin Lang
- Cackling Claire Haddock
- Insidious Ian Johnston
- Chilling Chelsea Enslow
- Nefarious Nicole Eriks
- Jessica Mann
- Mauled Mary Rider
- Soulless Spencer Rasmussen
- Devilish DJ Lake
- Rowdy Ryan Stelzer
- Blaine Menon
- Sinister Shuvi
- Ominous Olek
Ghouls in Waiting
Sign up here and maybe you can come too.
Chariots of Doom
Sign up here if you have a vehicle that you would like to fill with spooky creatures. Who's in what vehicle will be worked out at the trip meeting.
- Avery (Tinkerbell)
- Ryan Stelzer