Tele School 2018
Sunday, January 7th, 2018
Mt Seymour Ski Resort
Please Note: You must pay in advance either at Gear Hours or the Pretrip meeting, at the very latest.
- Free for instructors
- $55 for Students, though subject to change depending on numbers!
- Transit cost - You will either pay your driver for gas, or $10-15 the Shuttle Bus if you don't have a ride.
- You may have to rent skis, boots, poles if you don't already own them. This can be done during Gear Hours the week prior to Tele School. Renting from the club is free, however it does require a cash deposit to be put down for the gear. For a ski package (skis, boots, skins, poles) this is $200 in cash
You will need functional telemark skis, telemark ski boots., and ski poles. Gear is available to rent from the club room during gear hours. Unfortunately MEC no longer rents telemark gear, so our club fleet is the only game in town. Please make sure you sort out your gear needs early because we do not have the widest selection of skis, particularly for shortish people. I (Alastair) am working on finding another source of telemark rental gear, but so far have been unable to find any.
We will try and maintain a student to instructor ratio of 4:1 (minimize cost to students while keeping small group sizes). Instructors will be selected as student numbers require in order of sign-up. Instructors: please indicate an appropriate skier ability for your group.
- Craig Alfredson (can teach any level)
- Else - Can teach level 1 or 2
- Lukas - Want to teach level 2
- Will - Can teach any level (2 preferred)
- Elliott Skierszkan - can teach level 1 or 2
- Sam Puddicombe
- Erica Haugland