Archive:Trip Agenda 2010
(Redirected from Trip Agenda 2010)
This is where we put trips after they have already happened.
- January 4th – Term 2 begins, Winter Session: All faculties.
- January 9th - 10th – Winter Longhike 2010
- January 16th - 17th – Avalanche course (AST 1)
- One day at Seymour and one day at Whistler COURSE IS FULL
- January 16th - 17th – Avalanche course (AST 1)
- Two days at Seymour COURSE IS FULL
- January 22nd - 29th – VIMFF 2010
- January 23rd – Tele School 2010
- January 23rd - 24th – Avalanche course (AST1)
- One day at Seymour and one day at Whistler Course is full
- January 23rd - 24th and 30th - 31st –
Advanced avalanche course (AST 2)
- Cancelled due to insufficient participants
- January 30th - 31st – Intro to Backcountry Skiing 2010
- Two parties, led by Christian and Christian
- January 30th - 31st – Intermediate level ski trip to Phelix
- February 5th – VOC Beer Garden
- February 7th – Beginner day trip to Red Heather
- February 6th - 7th – Beginner Ski Trip Feb 6-7, 2010 to Brew Hut
- February 11th – VOC joins Olympic Torch Relay at UBC
- February 13th - 14th: Snowshoe trip to Brew Hut CANCELLED, Roland has a cold
- February 15th - 26th: Two-week extended mid-term break for most faculties.
- February 14th - ? – Sphinx Ski Camp 2010
- Includes Intro to Ski Mountaineering (February 19th - 21st)
- February 20th – VOC Journal Submission Deadline
- March 1st: Back in class after huge break.
- March 6th - 7th – Beverley Creek trail marking put up signs and trail markers in Beverley Creek. Beginners welcome.
- March 9th – VOCJ EDITING EXTRAVAGANZA 2010 at the Veenstra's
- March 11th –
VOC joins Paralympic Torch Relay at UBCCancelled
- March 13th - 14th – Janine's Trip to Phelix Hut
- March 19th - 21st – Joint ACC/VOC Garibaldi Neve Traverse 2010
- March 27th - 28th – Hanging Lake trail marking put up signs and trail markers along route from Whistler Olympic Park to Hanging Lake.
- March 29th – Climbing Wall Competition 2010
- April 2nd - April 5th – Easter: University closed.
- April 2nd - April 5th – Climbing @ Vantage, WA
- April 7th – VOC Banquet 2010
- April 10th – Kayaking trip
- Note: Should have some kayaking experience (at least some pool sessions).
- April 15th – Last day of classes for most faculties.
- Note: Memberships sold after this date will expire in September 2011
- April 17th - 18th – Wilderness First Aid April 2010 With Slipstream 20hrs
- Note: Registration closed.
- April 19th – Term 2 examinations begin (day and evening classes) for most faculties.
- Thursday April 22nd First (monthly) exec meeting 12:30 Clubroom (3rd Thu of the month)
- May 1st – Last day of Term 2 examinations for most faculties.
- May 2nd – WW Kayaking trip_May 2nd. Some experience required
- May 2nd – Bike ride to pie - May 2nd
- May 4th – May 2010 MEC Clubs Night - come to MEC after hours, get 10% off, and find out about MEC, and how the VOC and ACC work together! -Champagne (or Jacob)
- Wednesday May 5th – VOC Summer BBQ First monthly VOC BBQ of the summer!
- May 16th MEC gear swap. Buy/sell good stuff at good prices.
- May 22 nd- 23rd - 24th Brew Hut recce trip -Geoff
- May 29 th- 30th Son of Rock
- Wednesday June 2nd VOC Summer BBQ VOC BBQ first Wed each month of the summer!
- June 12th/13th Geoff's Beginner Friendly Mountaineering Trip
- June 23rd, 7pm. Get that monkey off your back: A workshop for packing lighter, cohosted by James Murphy and others
- June 26th-27th Official Brew Hut Renovation Workhike
- July 1st Skypilot on Canada Day, We'll celebrate Canada's birthday by scrambling Skypilot.
- July 1 - 4 Mt Mamquam on skis. Contact Line Veenstra
- July 2 - 4 Phelix Hut with the ACC . Contact Rob Brusse, ACC
- July 1st - 4th 2010 July 1-4 Skaha Mellow trip out to Skaha to do some climbing on a sort of long weekend.
- Wednesday July 7th VOC Summer BBQ VOC BBQ first Wed each month of the summer
- July 24-25 Lizzie Creek Cabin Workhike trail work (Steve ) Hut work (Geoff), bridge work ?
- July 30th-Aug 2nd BC Day Todd's Beginner Friendly Brian Waddington Hut Scrambling Trip
- July 30th-Aug 2nd BC Day Geoff's August Long Weekend Tantalus Trip
- Wednesday Aug 4th VOC Summer BBQ VOC BBQ first Wed each month of the summer
Aug 7-8th (Sat-Sun) Veenstra's annual "Moderate Friendly Summer Traverse" around Powder Mountain
- Aug 9-12th (Mon-Thurs) Multi-day Sunshine Coast and Vancouver Island bike trip Bike touring loop
- Aug 14-15th (Sat-Sun) Veenstra's annual "Moderate Friendly Summer Traverse" around Powder Mountain postponed to here due to weather.
- Wednesday Sept 1st VOC Summer BBQ VOC BBQ first Wed each month of the summer, but it might not be summer any more.
- Sept 4th-5th-6th Mountaineering Camp 2010 Jacob
- Sept 11th-12th Brew Hut trip
- Sept 18th-19th Glacier_School_2010
- Sept 22nd-24th Clubs Days 2010 Come out and volunteer at our VOC booth, to help us recruit new members! Your volunteering counts as a workhike.
- Sept 25th-26th Beginner Friendly Needle Peak Scramble
- Sept 25th-26th Callaghan Ski Trails Workhike
- Monday Sept 27th Intro night 2010 Let Veenstra show you how to get on trips, how to get a ride, how to use the wiki and the notice board, how to organize trips and all that stuff. Everything you ever wanted to know about the VOC.
- Wed Sept 29th, 7pm, MATH 100 Longhike pretrip meeting You should attend this if you are going on Longhike.
- Thursday Sept 30th, 6:30pm Slideshow at the clubroom Scott W. will showcase his recent trip to Baffin island.
- Thursday Sept 30th 8 - 10 pm Kayak Polo. All are welcome
- Oct 1st-3rd Longhike 2010 The VOC's best climbing and partying event. All tickets have now been sold.
- Oct 6th Slideshow Breanne will talk about her summers in the Arctic (clubroom, 7pm).
- Oct 9th-10th Laura's Beginner-friendly Ossa Mountain trip
- Oct 9th-11th Vantage-Leavenworth rock climbing trip
- Tuesday Oct 12th 8 - 10 pm Kayak Polo. All are welcome
- Oct 13th Slideshow Ira Sutherland will either show cool videos or stuff from his trip to South America (clubroom, 7pm).
- Oct 13th-15th Ski and Board Week volunteers needed
- Oct 16th Skyler's Golden Ears Day Hike Beginner-friendly day hike/scramble up the Golden Ears or maybe Colliseum
- October 16th-17th Gili/Caitlin's Indian Arm kayak trip
- October 16rd-17th Maki & Kathrin to Brew Hut. Last chance to get firewood in before the snow flies.
- Oct 20th Slideshow Veentra, Line, Kjell and Steve: Waddington range the old-fashioned way (note, not in the clubroom but in MATX 1100, 7pm) (watch YouTube trailer).
- October 23rd Laura's Mount MacDonald Day Scramble
- October 23rd-24thFall Phelix workhike 2010led by Veenstra. Fix outhouse roof, work on trail, improve ski lines on logging road.
- October 23rd-24th Emily's Garibaldi Lake Weekend & Black Tusk Side Trip!
- October 23rd - 24th Backcountry Hotsprings
- Tuesday Oct 26th 8 - 10 pm Kayak Polo. All are welcome
- Tuesday Oct 26th 5 - 6:30 pm Intro to Orienteering 2010
- October 27th Slideshow: "The Island of Your Dreams: A Few Trips on Vancouver Island" by Gili Rosenberg and Maya Goldstein (clubroom, 7:30 pm)
- October 29th-31st Annual Skaha Halloween Climb Stuff (Rock) Trip with Todd
- October 30th Kathryn's Coliseum Mountain trip
- October 30th-31st Hiking/Ski trip to Russet Lake Hut Message board post
- October 31st Doris' Spooky Brandywine Scramble
- November 3th Slideshow: "Training for climbing, avoiding injuries" by Sabrina Burkhardt (clubroom, 7pm
- November 4th V.O.C. Gear Swap: Come buy and/or sell stuff from 18:30-2100
- November 6th Beginner-friendly day hike to Lynn Peak
- November 6th-7th Beginner-friendly trip up Mt Cook and Weart
- Tuesday November 9th 7:30 - 9:30 pm Kayak Polo. All are welcome
- Wednesday November 10th Slideshow: "Climbing in South Africa" by Dan Gainer (clubroom, 7pm)
- November 11th-14th Smith Rock 2010: Escaping the rain for one last climbing trip in Oregon.
- Friday November 12th - Cutoff Date for payment for Block 1 AST1
- November 11-14th Breanne and Vicky's "Phelix the Hut" ski trip
- November 13th-14th Annual Beginner Friendly Skiing Debacle to Brew Hut
- November 16th Sitka Surfboards Buy Night CANCELLED but if you want VOC prices at Sitka, bring your membership card with you when you go shopping there
- Wednesday November 17th Slideshow: "How I met and climbed Mt. Bryce" by Yan Pennec (clubroom, 7pm)
- Saturday November 20th Day trip to Red Heather for those of us who have to study
- November 20th-21st Red Heather skiing + tenting trip for those who can afford Sat + Sun
- November 23th - 25th VIMFF Fall 2010 Speaker Series
- Tuesday November 23rd 7:30 - 9:30 pm Kayak Polo. All are welcome
- Wednesday November 24th Slideshow: "The pipedreams project: 3 kayakers, 900 km, 2 months" by Faroe Des Roches (clubroom, 7pm)
- November 27th Beginner Friendly Day trip to Hollyburn [on our web site]
- November 27th-28th Beginner Friendly Skiing Debacle to Phelix Hut with hopefully more snow
- November 27th-28th Doris' Intro to Backcountry Skiing at Elfin Lakes
- November 27th-28th Skookum E Branch Logging Road Alder Thrash & Make Merry Party
- Monday November 29th VOC's Winter Social 2010, in The Gallery Lounge
- Tuesday November 30th - Evening Session for Block 1 AST1
- Wednesday Dec 1, Jared Stanley Mountain Safety/Avalanche Lecture 7pm, MATH 100 no charge for this
- Wednesday Dec 1 - Beacon practice session
- Dec 4-5 - Weekend Session for Block 1 AST1
- Saturday Dec 4 - Geoff's Beginner Friendly Day Trip to Coliseum Mountain
- Friday Dec 10 - Intuition Buy Night
- Dec 11-12 Brew_Hut_Snowshoe_and_Potluck
- Dec 18-19 Beginner Friendly Black Tusk Meadows Phil T
- Dec 18-20 Russet Lake Ski (or Snowshoe?) Trip Anna Szeitz
- Dec 27 - Jan 3 Annual Brian Waddington new year trip