Archive:Trip Agenda 2011
From VOC Wiki
(Redirected from Trip Agenda 2011)
- Jan 8-9 Winter Longhike 2011
- Jan 8-9 Phelix Ski Trip
- Tuesday Jan 11th Evening session for Block 2 AST1
- Tuesday Jan 11th Is also the cutoff date for payment for Block 3 AST1 - snowshoe
- Wednesday Jan 12th Slideshow Daniel will show a movie and discuss Bouldering in Australia(clubroom, 7pm).
- Saturday Jan 15 Tele School 2011
- Jan 15
-16 Beginner friendly Needle PeakRed Heather day-trip
- Jan 15-16 Weekend session for Block 2 AST1
- Monday Jan 17 Evening session for Block 2.5 AST1
- Wednesday Jan 19th Slideshow Ira will encourage us to celebrate our proximity with the North Shore mountains. (clubroom, 7pm).
- Jan 22-23 weekend session for Block 2.5 AST1
- Jan 22-23 weekend session #1 for Block 5 AST2
- Jan 22-23 Beginner Friendly Brew AND Sphinx Hut Trip
- Tuesday Jan 25th 7:30 - 9:30 pm Kayak Polo. All are welcome
- Wednesday Jan 26th Slideshow (tentatively) maybe Memo Ruiz will come along and tell us about his adventures in Denali and/or Peru and/or Mexico.(clubroom, 7pm).
- Thursday Jan 27th cutoff date for payment for Block 4 AST1
- Jan 29 X-Country Skiing at Cypress
- Jan 29-30 Todd's storm the mountain/Garibaldi attempt #5 (approximate date and intermediate friendly)
- Jan 29-30 Weekend session for Block 3 AST1 - snowshoe
- Jan 29-30 weekend session #2 for Block 5 AST2
- Jan 29-30 Ignacio's Intro to backcountry ski/snowboard at Elfin
- Jan 29-30 Caspar Creek Intro to Backcountry Skiing
- Monday Jan 31 Tele Lessons with Phil Hammer
- Wednesday Feb 2th Slideshow James will attempt to convince us that the best place for easily accessible mountaineering* is somewhere in Peru (clubroom, 7pm). *(over 6000m)
- Feb 5-6 Richard Ski Adventure: Ipsoot Mountain - Postponed due to weather
- Feb 5-6 Intro to Ice Climbing: Intro to Ice Climbing 2011
- Feb 6 Gili's Beginner Friendly Day Trip (backcountry skiing)
- Tuesday February 8th evening session for Block 4 AST1
- Tuesday Feb 8th 7:30 - 9:30 pm Kayak Polo. All are welcome
- Wednesday Feb 9th Slideshow Veenstra will show us what people do at Sphinx camp on Reading Break(clubroom, 7pm).
- Thursday Feb 10th Beacon Practice
- February 11th - 19th Vancouver International Mountain Film Festival (VIMFF) 2010
- Feb 12-13 weekend session for Block 4 AST1
- Feb 12-13 Charlie's Beginner friendly Brew Hut trip Now merged with Oliver's Phelix Trip
- Feb 12-14 Olivier's Legendary Fondue Ski Trip to Phelix Hut
- Feb 12-15 POSTPONED due to Alaskan-winter conditions Skyler's Himalayan Experience / Mt Rainier Winter Attempt # 3 (approximate date, highly weather dependent, insane-advanced friendly)
- Feb 12-20 Reading break. Generally time for skiing, or perhaps a road trip somewhere warm for climbing.
- Feb 14-17 Vancouver to Seattle via Widbey Island 2011_Reading_Break_Bike_Trip. (tentative date: may be adjusted by popular request)
- Feb 14-20 Sphinx Ski Camp 2011
- Feb 22 Climbing Competition @ Norm Wall, 7pm (tuesday) Climbing_Wall_Competition_2011
- Wednesday Feb 23th Slideshow Adrien T. on climbing 5500+ meter volcanoes on the quick and on a budget (clubroom, 7pm).
- Thursday Feb 24th - 80's Winter Ski Social [See WEB for details]
- Feb 26-27 Intermediate Friendly Rainbow Mountain Ski Trip 2011_RainbowMtn: Note switched to Coliseum Day Trip
- Monday 28 Tele Lessons
March marked the start of a new trip agenda tool. Some trips may only appear there. And future trips certainly there...
- Various Dates/locations 50 hour Wilderness First Aid Course
- Tuesday Mar 1th 7:30 - 9:30 pm Kayak Polo. All are welcome
- Wednesday Mar 2 BC Parks talk about winter travel and what BC parks has to offer you.
- Thursday Mar 3 Noriko's VOC Monthly Knitting Adventure: Kath V's
- Friday Mar 4 Last day to pay for 50 hour Wilderness First Aid Course (in Clubroom).
- Mar 5 Veenstra's non-threatening daytrip
- Mar 5-6 Postponed - Richard Ski Adventure: Birkenhead Peak
- Mar 5-6 Phil's Triumphant Brew Trip
- Tuesday Mar 8th 7:30 - 9:30 pm Kayak Polo. All are welcome
- Mar 12-13 Charlie and Heather's VOC-VOCO Needle Peak
- Mar 12-13 Geoff's Beginner Friendly Neve Traverse
- Mar 12-13 Laura's Saxifrage and Cassiope Trip
- Mar 14 Tele Lessons (Seymour)
- Mar 18-21 Skyler's Himalayan Experience / Mt Rainier Winter Attempt # 3 (approximate date, highly weather dependent, insane-advanced friendly)
- Mar 19 Hollyburn Moonlight Snowshoe
- Mar 19-20 20 hour Wilderness First Aid Course
- Mar 19-20 Phil's Mt. Rohr Mission
- Mar 22 Tele Lessons (Cypress)
- Tuesday Mar 22nd 7:30 - 9:30 pm Kayak Polo. All are welcome
- Wednesday Mar 23 Annual Banquet
- Mar 26-27 Mel's Joffre Snowshoe Spectacular
- April 2 Sea kayaking to Lighthouse Park
- April 2-4 Todd's Vantage rock climbing weekend
- April 22-25 'Easter Long Weekend' Harrison Hut - Ski Mountaineering / Establish a Post "Slide Event" Approach
- April 22-25 'Easter Long Weekend' Beginner_Friendly_Easter_Trip_To_Sphinx