From VOC Wiki
George Hill is the current 2016-2018 Huts Coordinator for the VOC. To get in touch please leave a message on the discussion page or send an email to [email protected]
- See full trip report here: 
- Completed Hut Measurements including loft, main floor and door.
- Rip-rap and wire mesh around hut working. Place new floor over old floor. May have to take out edge trimmings
- Multiple logs across the 2nd part of the trail and low wood stock at the Hut warrants the need for a chainsaw
- Still need to haul out old Coleman stove. Coleman Lamps working well and should be left at the Hut until an alternative can be put in place (solar).
- Plywood floor must be flat edged for a perfect fit. 2' x 4' x 4' x 2' wide
- need to do Floor Measurements
- Upstairs Railing (measurements) may have necessary material at the Hut. Need to do inventory.
- New stove hauled up. Need to haul old stove down. Leave gas for lanterns.
- Running low on wood for the hut. Could use chainsaws on trail portion from end of logging road to barr creek bridge.
- Use chainsaws up at hut to cut more wood. -> is this necessary? Could an axe do the work? Do we have an axe at the hut?
- Nice guitar and case up to the hut with the helicopter? Need case to protect from moisture.
- Plywood in old outhouse.
- Have two bow-saws at hut.
- There will be standard door frames. Non-standard door frames will be expensive. Want 1/2" to 1/4" door frame for steel door.
- Want door to extend right to wall. Need to put aluminum to fit to door.
- 2x3 wood
- aluminim paneling on outside of hut
- Chicken wire and rip-rap around seems to be working against the marmots.
- Would be nice to have signage along logging road for directions to hut and to the springs
- signage for the springs is more important because of the turn off on the logging road.
- some sections of the trail could use brushing. Mostly the first 6km. 2nd part is in good condition with exception of the fallen logs.
- would be nice to have poker chips & a nice set of cards @ the hut. Maybe a rumoli matt
- bridge right next to hut seems unnecessary for all seasons (may not spring? idk, need to see pictures)
- hay wire and duct tape for all huts
- for harrison put floor ontop of old floor. 2' x 4' x 4' x 2' to overlap cracks
- will want to rip in vancouver
- make sure door is hollow. & talk to someone about fit.
|Roland Burton Hut (Sphinx Hut}||Lizzie Creek Cabin||Keith's Hut||All Huts|
Log Bridge Improvement
Hut Registration Project