Every year, towards the end of the winter semester, VOCers come together and celebrate the events that made the past year one last time. The freshly printed VOC Journal are distributed and awards are presented to members that have accomplished something truly worthy (or not...) for the club, its members or themselves. Usually, the club will invite a past member as an honorary guest for a slide show presentation. The current executives will bring a potluck/dinner and members can contribute too, with the additional dessert. Maybe a Toast for the Queen and having an Honorary President will be done!
One other important event that happens during the banquet is the election of next year's VOC Executives. So, if you want to be in the exec, you must show up that evening.
This year's banquet will be held at the Anza Club. The other big party of the year. If you missed Longhike, don't miss this one!
- Date: April 4, 2007
- Who: VOC Members and Alumni!
- What: Elections, Everest, Budget, Tasty Food, Awards, Dessert Potluck, and Dancing!
- How much: The cost is $2 at the door if you show up before 6pm and $7 if you arrive later
- Liquor? Please don't bring your own alcohol. Beer will be served for $3 each to cover the cost of extra AMS insurance. There will also be a limited selection of wine and cider.
- What should I wear?* Formal attire. Even mountain people like to dress up once in a while. If you don't want to, consider wearing your fancy fleece or goretex jacket.
5:30pm Doors open
6:00 - 7:00pm Elections: Vote for new execs
7:00 - 8:00pm Dinner: Execs will bring a main course, everybody else bring desert and your own plate, bowl, cup, beverages etc. During dinner, Dan will also announce the winner of the photo competition.
8:30 - 9:15pm Slideshow: Robin Walshaw will present his 2003 Everest Expedition. Don't miss out! Eat at the same time!
9:15 - 9:45pm Budget: Vote for the new budget.
9:30 - 10:00pm Awards and meet the new executive
10:00 - 2:00am Socialize and dance
Subject to change
The 2006 banquet was held on April 5 at the St. James Community Square.