Difference between revisions of "Archive:2010 July 1-4 Skaha"
|Line 64:||Line 64:|
Revision as of 13:16, 22 June 2010
Canada day is on a Thursday this year, so if you take off the Friday then you get a four day weekend! And who would bother going in on Friday anywhere? So, with four days off, let's head to Skaha to do some rock climbing. Skaha this time of year is hot and dry so it'll make a nice change from Vancouver. There's plenty of mellow climbs so being a fantastic climber is not required. There's also great hiking and a lake to lounge around for when you decide to take a break from climbing.
If you can't take the full four days off, then feel free to only come for 2 or 3 days or whatever works for your schedule.
This is a beginner friendly trip. It would be nice if you knew how to belay or even better, set up a top rope, but if you don't, no worries, we can teach you. Now, because of the dynamics of climbing, there's a limit to how many beginners we can handle, so we'll start with four slots, but may increase it if we get enough experienced/willing people.
email me (Phil)if you've got any questions.
- Belay Device
- Stuff for making anchors/lead/trad climbing if you know how to use it
- Tent (not everyone)
- Stove (not everyone)
- Cooking stuff (not everyone)
- Headlamp (never leave home without it)
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad
We'll be in Penticton, but having to drive around for food all the time is less fun than climbing.
- 3 breakfasts
- 4 Lunches
- 3 Dinners
- Stuff to eat with/out of
- Water bottle of adequate size.
- lip balm
- sunglasses (very important!!!!)
- bug net (works way better than bug juice, plus it doesn't wreck the environment or your stuff)
- Toilet Paper
Will coincide with Ultimate Frisbee at Jericho Beach at the base of Tolmie, on Wednesday June 30th at 7:00pm. This is the day before the trip, so try to get rides sorted by email before hand.
Please include your experience level and if you're willing to teach
Sort of Experienced People
- Phil Tomlinson - Can set up top ropes, teach people to belay, etc. experience lead climbing (easy stuff, poorly)
- Vicky Alfred - experience top roping, can set up top rope anchors.
The Big Bad Buick (4-5 spots) Heading up late on the 30th or early on the 1st, back on the 4th