To celebrate the end of another successful academic year, the VOC is holding its annual general meeting in the form of an annual banquet with a member potluck and special guest slideshow. The evening lineup includes:
- Member Potluck
- Annual General Meeting (2010-2011 Budget)
- 2010-2011 VOC Executive Elections
- VOC Awards
- Photo and Video Contest Winners
- Distribution of the VOCJ53
- Wild dance party
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011
VOC Members, alumni and friends!
- Free if you arrive before 7:30 pm.
- $2 if you arrive after 7:30 pm
Schedule and Details
- 6:30 pm - Exec and anyone who wants to help shows up to get the place ready (All Exec)
- 7:00 pm - Potluck Dinner
- 7:30 pm - Annual general meeting (AGM), 2010-2011 Budget Review & 2011-2012 Budget approval and 2011-2012 Exec Elections
- 8:00 pm - Slide Show
- 9:00 pm - VOC Awards, photo and video contest winners and journal awards.
- 10:00 pm - Distribution of the VOCJ53 and epic dance-off to groovy tunes.
- 12:00 am - The End. Anyone who can help clean up, please do. You will be much loved.
The legendary John Baldwin will be coming to talk with us about the Lillooet Ice Field. 31 years ago, John did one of his first traverses on the ice field with a bunch of other VOCers. Last year, he repeated it, marking the 30th anniversary of that first trip. Some of his recent maps and guidebooks will also be available for sale.
All members should bring a dish (main course or dessert). Sign up below and indicate what you're bringing so we don't end up with 17 of the same thing. If, as sometimes happens, the desserts signup starts getting way longer than the main courses, then we'll put some sort of cap on the desserts signup to balance things out.
Please bring your own everything - That means plate, knife, fork, drinking vessel - you know, everything you'll need to eat and drink. Disposable cutlery will not be available.
- Shepard's Pie - Phil
- Pasta with Goat Cheese, Nuts, Arugula, Tomatoes - Mel
- Käsespätzle mit zwiebeln (Cheese and "egg noodles" with fried onions) - Lee
- Something, probably made by Phil - Katherine
- Le 'spring has sprung' salad - Emily P.
- Jaime's cannot say no Mac n Cheese or pasta bake
- Veggi Rice - Aylin
- Red Cabbage and Almond salad - Veenstra
- very vegan veggie variety - Nick
- Toad in the hole - Charlie
- Homemade bread - Line
- Something interesting, determined at a later date - Conrad
- Probably baked potatoes, sour cream, and something to do with chicken - Roland
- Quinoa salad - Kathrin
- Shepard pie vege style - Len
- food - Laura
- Quiche or similar - Maya
- Veggies with dip - Aron
- Homemade beer bread - Gili (sorry, it won't get you drunk)
- more food - Jacob
- Vegemite sandwiches and lamingtons - Philip
- carbohydrate-centred concoction - Piotr
- Hummus, baba ghanouj, aioli or maybe just pure mashed garlic (and some dipping pita)- Skyler
- Flammkuchen (Flame-pie) - Wiebke
- Hashbrown Casserole - Doris
- Salmon-veggies lasagna -Anne V.
- Probably the exquisite Thai coconut chicken with rice - Ignacio
- Giant salad - Erica L.
- 7 layer dip - Jeff T
- Tuna Kabab - Nasa (Mushfiqur)
- Banana-ey banana-ish banana bread (Breanne)
- Berry crisp (Caroline)
- Brownies (Caitlin S)
- Pumpkin millet loaf/muffins (Murray)
- cookies (Igal)
- Maple scones - Sabrina
- Chocolate Pudding Cake - Geoff
- Mini cheesecakes - Eliza
- Fruit Salad (Emily)
- "Jorda", sweet rice (Maliha)
- Probably something (Scott W)
- Note: Bring your own plate/bowl, mug, fork, spoon to eat with.
Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be sold by the ANZA Club.
If you'd like to get a workhike in and help sell t-shirts and voile straps please sign up here!
- NorikoO - born to sell
- Matthew P.
- Caroline J
You are requested to dress up and look spiffy. But if you can't possibly look spiffy, come anyway.