Archive:Exec Nominations 2018
The VOC needs a new Executive for 2018/2019!
Elections will take place at the Annual Banquet which this year is March ....(?). You can nominate yourself, or someone you think would do a good job. If you're nominating someone else, please talk with them about it first so we're not spammed with nominations. Executives must be an AMS member (ie. a student) next year. President and Treasurer must have been on the exec previously. It is fine to write a person down for more than one position, but at the end of the day you can only actually do one. For some positions, especially Huts, Trails, Trips, it is very worth while to have somebody in that position, who will be around during the summer.
More information about the various positions: Executive Positions
- 1 President
- 2 Treasurer
- 3 Vice-President
- 4 Secretary
- 5 Membership Chair
- 6 VOCene and Webpage Editor
- 7 Trips Coordinator
- 8 Quartermasters
- 9 Journal Editor
- 10 Public Relations
- 11 Archivist
- 12 FMCBC/ACC Rep
- 13 Huts Coordinator
- 14 Trails Coordinator
- 15 Aviary Coordinator
- 16 Swag Master
- 17 Awards Nominations!!
- Co-ordinates everything and keeps the exec running smoothly. Must have been on the exec previously.
- Alastair White
- Handles the cash and keeps the AMS happy. Must have been on the exec previously.
- Organizes social events (especially Longhike)
- Takes minutes at meetings, could help writing grant applications
- Gets new members, and handles clubs days in September and January
VOCene and Webpage Editor
- Puts out the VOCene and maintains the wiki page
- Encourages people to lead trips.
- Maintain the gear stash and run gear hours. Note that we need five quartermasters.
Please see the current Exec reports - Quartermasters for more details on this position
- Alastair White
- Tackles the monumental task of producing a 300 page book in about 1.5 months
- Mia Fajeau
- Organizes slideshows and books rooms on campus. Officially in charge of the social media accounts (But this may be outsourced to individuals with strong instaskills).
- Maintains library and archives collections. Buys new books for the clubroom. Archivist Report
- Representative liaison to outside clubs and organizations.
- Oversees huts management, maintenance, capital projects, tenures and public relations. If interested in this position get in touch with George Hill
- Oversees trail work.
- Keeps the climbing wall going.
- Corey Kelly
- Oversees gear purchases for the club and members, negotiates good deals