Archive:Tele School 2016
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Date
- 3 Location
- 4 Costs
- 5 Gear
- 6 Dry School
- 7 Learning Material
- 8 Instructor Sign-up CLOSED! (We have enough now)
- 8.1 Beginner 1 (Have never skied - or almost never)
- 8.2 Beginner 2 (Know how to do snowplow AND parallel turns on downhill skis, but never telemarked)
- 8.3 Intermediate (Know how to do a telemark turn, and can link them on low angle runs)
- 8.4 Extras (people who dont want to be part of the school, but would like the group ticket price if not enough students)
- 9 Transit Options
Jake Jones - Trip Organizer
24th January We're meeting at Mount Seymour at Guest Services (the upper parking lot).
Please Note: You must pay in advance. Time: TBA.
- Free for instructors
- $57 for Students
You will pay your driver for gas, or $6 for the shuttle bus if you don't have a ride. You may have to rent skis, boots, poles.
You will need functional telemark skis, ski poles, and ski boots. Gear is available to rent from the club room, or from Mountain Equipment Co-op.
- Call MEC well in advance to reserve gear.
Instructor Sign-up CLOSED! (We have enough now)
We will try and maintain a student to instructor ratio of 4:1 (minimize cost to students while keeping small group sizes). Instructors will be selected as student numbers require in order of sign-up. Instructors: please indicate an appropriate skier ability for your group.
Beginner 1 (Have never skied - or almost never)
Instructor: Jake Jones
Instructor: Anne Darby
Beginner 2 (Know how to do snowplow AND parallel turns on downhill skis, but never telemarked)
Instructor: Spencer Rasmussen
Instructor: Erica Lay
Instructor: Kasia Celler
(max size: 16)
Instructor: Veenstra (or whatever level. If there are a lot of beginners maybe Line would teach instead)
Extras (people who dont want to be part of the school, but would like the group ticket price if not enough students)
- Cora Skaien
- Jess Landing
"Parkgate Community Centre shuttle to Mt. Seymour - Each Way: $6" " "Lonsdale Quay to Mt Seymour is $8"