Access to the VOC Clubroom and its resources are available to Trip Leaders as a [Trip Leader Perks|perk]. Please simply observe the Clubroom Rules. To find the current door code, refer to the Clubroom Access page under Members' Section tab of the VOC website. If the page isn't available then you might not be a Club Leader yet.
We're going to try this for a pilot period of Spring 2016 and if we as a membership can maintain the clubroom in good standing it will be a nice perk.
Treat our clubroom with the same respect you would treat the outdoors and follow the Leave No Trace Principles.
- Plan Ahead
- Schedule your trip to avoid times of high use. Club activities have priority.
- When leaving, ensure no one is lingering behind who shouldn't be and that the door is firmly locked.
- Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces
- Good campsites are found, not made. Altering the clubroom is not necessary.
- Take care of the clubroom and keep it tidy, it belongs to all of us.
- Dispose of Waste Properly
- Pack it in, pack it out. Inspect the clubroom for trash or spilled foods.
- Pack out all trash, leftover food, and litter. (Even if it's not yours).
- Leave What You Find
- Preserve the past: examine, but do not remove, cultural or historic structures, artifacts or library books.
- Leave rocks, plants and other natural objects as you find them.
- Minimize Campfire Impacts
- No campfires in the clubroom.
- Don't share the clubroom code.
- Respect Wildlife
- Avoid wildlife during sensitive times: mating, nesting, raising young, exam season or winter.
- If a student wanders in, try and answer questions honestly and refer them to return during gear hours to join.
- Being in the clubroom does not substitute gear hours. Don't take gear returns or membership fees.
- Be Considerate of Others
- Respect other visitors and protect the quality of their experience.
- Be courteous. Yield to other users of the clubroom.
- Let nature's sounds prevail. Avoid loud voices and noises.
Use of the clubroom is ultimately a privilege and can be revoked.