Conservation and recreation access
This is the page for information about conservation and recreation access issues relevant to the VOC and its members. Most recent issues are at the top of the list, older issues at the bottom.
Issues directly involving the VOC
- Sea to Sky Backcountry Forum
- Snowmobiling near Brian Waddington Hut
- Climate change and BC's new Energy Plan
Issues facing the self propelled outdoor recreation community at large
- Juliet Creek a proposed ski resort development near Coquihalla Pass
- Alaska National Wildlife Refuge
- Whistler Nordic Centre (Callaghan Valley)
- Endangered Species
- Jumbo Glacier Resort
- Melvin Creek Ski Resort Development
- South Chilcotin Mountains Park
- Heli-skiing in the Waddington Range
- Brohm Ridge Ski Development aka Garibaldi at Squamish. This development is presently undergoing a joint Environmental Assessment and Master Plan review.
Local Areas Where Recreation Access Needs To Be Addressed
Who to write to A list of important MPs, MLAs and other civil servants with clout
-  MPs for the BC provincial government.
- FMCBC's Main site for local issues Note: The FMCBC is the Federation of Mountain Clubs of BC
- BC's environmental Assessment Office This is an excellent source for any large proposed development
- West Coast Environmental Law Well written articles dealing with BC's legislation and policies